Week 3: Processes of Learning

Processes of Learning

In this week's blog, I will be summarizing the work of the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine (2018) on processes that support learning. Rather than a lengthy post, I have created an easy-to-read, front-and-back infographic to share the information I've learned with you. Along with the summary, I will also be connecting this chapter to the work of Mark Gura and Victor Rivero. Finally, the infographic wraps up with a discussion on how these concepts all connect to ISTE standards. 























































References
  1. Gura, M. (2020). Fostering Student Creativity. EdTech Digest the State of the Arts, Creativity, and Technology 2020: A Guide for Educators and Parents. p. 7. Gura (2020).pdf
  2. Rivero, V. (2020). A Whole New Class of Art. EdTech Digest the State of the Arts, Creativity and Technology 2020: A Guide for Educators and Parents. p. 12-20
  3. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2018). How people learn II: Learners, contexts, and cultures.Links to an external site. Washington, D.C.: The National Academies Press. http://doi.org/10.17226/24783.
  4. ISTE Standards for Educators (2017). Retrieved from: https://www.iste.org/standards/for-educators




Comments

  1. Cameron,
    You have created a very interesting and easy-to-read infographic. The explanations are very well summarized and are an excellent source for someone needing a quick reference about the processes of learning.

    Stacy Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cameron,
    I think your infographic looks great, it is easy to read, and the three main points are spot on (executive function, self-regulation of learning, and memory). This is a unique way to deliver a message that grabs a reader's attention and fills them with the perfect amount of information. Great work and good luck with the remainder of the course.
    Regards,
    David Herrera

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intro, digital citizenship, and digital footprint OH MY

Universal Design for Learning

Week 4: Generative AI for Educational Purposes